We often spend more time indoors but there’s still plenty of fun to be had if kids venture outside, no matter the weather.
Our friends at Nature Play WA have put together a fun list of 25 things to do in winter to help ensure no-one gets bored even if it’s cold and wet outside.
Here’s a sample:
- Go on a listening nature walk. How many different sounds can you hear? Can you hear the leaves in the trees, birds singing?
- Collect fallen leaves & pieces of bark with interesting textures. Place under paper and rub using coloured crayons to create a picture
- Go beachcombing. The ocean always washes up some wonderful treasures
- Use flowers, garden prunings, sand, mud and water to create magic fairy potions
- Build a mini cairn by collecting flat or smooth rocks, and stack them one on top of the other. How high can you go?
Go to https://www.natureplaywa.org.au/ for the full list and other inspirations for getting out into nature.