1. Eligibility: The Christmas Competition (“Competition”) is open only to those who complete each of the steps outlined in the Competition guidelines, and who are under the age of 18 years of age and who have permission from a parent / guardian. The Competition is only open to legal residents of Newman, Jigalong, Nullagine and Marble Bar in WA and is void where prohibited by law. Members of the Newman Futures Project Partnership Group are not eligible to participate in the Competition. The Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Newman Futures as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Competition.
3. Competition Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 13th November 2020 at 10:00am +8UTC and ending 30th November 2020 at 4:00pm. The Winner will be judged by chosen representatives on Tuesday 1st December 2020.
4. How to Enter: The Competition must be entered by completing each of the following:
- Step 1: Grab some pencils or textas and colour in your design.
- Step 2: Take a photo or scan of your artwork.
- Step 3: Upload your picture to the Newman Futures Community Board or drop off your entry at Dome, the Shire of East Pilbara admin office or the Newman library.
The entry must fulfil all Competition requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Newman Futures. One entry per entrant. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Newman Futures.
5. Prizes: Three Winners of the Competition (the “Winner”) will receive a Dome voucher valued at ~$25.00. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Newman Futures. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Newman Futures discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Newman Futures to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by Newman Futures. Winner will be notified by direct message or email, within one (1) day following selection of Winner. Newman Futures shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted or is ineligible, the judges will select an alternative winning design to accommodate printing time restrictions. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Competition is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Any violation of these official rules by winner (at Newman Futures' sole discretion) will result in winner’s disqualification as winner of the competition, and all privileges as winner will be immediately terminated.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Newman Futures, Shire of East Pilbara or BHP, or anyone acting on behalf of Newman Futures, and Newman Futures’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, Your artwork and name without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that Your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If Your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Newman Futures. If the content of Your entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at Your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Newman Futures, BHP, Shire of East Pilbara and collaborative partners from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Newman Futures may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Newman Futures reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Newman Futures’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Competition. In such case, The winner will be selected in consultation with collaborative partners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Newman Futures. Newman Futures reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Newman Futures has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Competition, to void submissions for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Competition rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Newman Futures reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Newman Futures and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Competition and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: this Competition is governed by the laws of Australia and Western Australia, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Competition, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Western Australia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Competition). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these official rules, email Your request to: email@example.com
14. Facebook: The Competition hosted by Newman Futures is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.